Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 34 - More shoulder collar work

Not a lot of pics today, but felt like a lot of work was done.  First, I took off all the clamps from the top collar, and it stayed perfectly adhered to the spacers.  Joy!

My next task was to make more card stock templates, this time for the bottom collar.  I had to make four templates: one for the thinner front piece, one for the front trapezoid, and two for the thicker back piece.  The two for the back was due to the fact that my card stock (and HDF board) wasn't big enough to cover all the longer spacers.

Afterward, I traced it all out onto HDF (again leaving about an extra 10mm for fudging room all the way round) and jigsawed it.  I decided that I didn't want to risk soaking and forming all four pieces in case I ran out of clamps (or patience), so I went with the front two for tonight.  To keep the trapezoidal piece in place, I used three off-cut lengths of plywood to hold it in place along the shoulder slope.

No comments:

Post a Comment